BLT Wraps: The Perfect Tailgating Recipe
Football season is upon us and we are all in need of some new tailgating recipes to spice things up a bit! We can only have hamburgers and hot dogs for so long right?
Whether you want to whip these up the night before or the morning of, it doesn’t matter one bit! No matter your culinary skills, these yummy treats are easy to make and doesn’t take too much time either. Serve them with some chips, pasta salad or maybe even some homemade chili!
They will also be great for the kids to take to school for lunch or even as a snack before any of their practices or extracurricular activities! And let’s be totally fair here, they’re really quite perfect for those evenings when you just don’t feel like making a big meal for the family.
Here’s what you’ll need: The Grocery List
- 1 cup of mayonnaise (**if you go with the olive oil mayo, it’ll cut down on the fat!)
- 1/2 cup of dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas (**use spinach tortillas to give it a little more flavor)
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce, chopped or shredded
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 16 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled (**use turkey bacon to keep it a bit on the healthier side)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- cheddar cheese (optional)
Here’s what to do:
- First things first, fry up your bacon! Don’t forget, the crispier … the better! You cannot have a BLT without some crunch.
- Combine the mayonnaise and tomatoes in a small bowl. Spread the mixture evenly over 1 side of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Layer the lettuce, onions, and bacon evenly over tortillas; sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Roll up tortillas; cut in half diagonally, and secure with wooden pick.
photo and recipe adapted via My Recipes