Chocolate Cookies with a Caramel Surprise
There are certain flavor combinations that simply work so well together, like chocolate and raspberry, chocolate and banana, and chocolate and caramel. If you love the taste of chocolate and caramel then you will love these Chocolate Cookies with a Caramel Surprise. They are sweet and delicious, and very easy to make.
You can make these chocolate cookies for Christmas, for a bake sale at your kid’s school, or if you participate in a cookie swap. You could also make up a batch and share them with the folks at your office.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 30 – 36 chocolate-covered Rolo caramel candies
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix together with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add flour, cocoa and baking soda and mix well.
- Refrigerate and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 chocolate-covered caramel candy in the center of each dough ball.
- Form the dough ball around the majority of the chocolate-covered caramel candy.
- Roll each dough ball in white sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7 – 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on pan for 1 minute then take the cookies off and place on cookie cooling rack.
Makes 30 – 36 Cookies
If you have any leftover after your family tries these you can store them in an air-tight container. But if your family enjoys these as much as we do, you probably won’t need a very big container.