Looking for something fun to make today? Try baking these Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Bars. They are simple to make and taste absolutely delicious. Share them with your family and friends.
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
Peanut Butter Filling
1/3 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons water
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cups unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
1 bag (11.5 oz) dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 13×9-inch pan with tin foil and tuck it over the top edges of the pan so that when the bars are finished you can use the tin foil to lift them out of the pan nicely.
- In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Press cookie dough in bottom of pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat all filling ingredients except powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until well blended (filling will be thick).
- Press filling over cookie base. Refrigerate while preparing caramel layer.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat caramels and 2 tablespoons water over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Spread evenly over filling.
- Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until caramel layer is firm.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until melted.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over caramel layer.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature.