Rosemary Grilled Steak with Wild Rice Pilaf
This delicious Rosemary Grilled Steak with Wild Rice Pilaf is the perfect dinner to make for your special someone.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add shallots to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato, 2 tablespoons water, vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir in 1/8 teaspoon pepper; keep warm.
- Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes.
- Turn steaks over.
- Sprinkle evenly with rosemary mixture; grill 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with tomato jam.
Wild Rice Pilaf
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced snow peas
- 2 tablespoons sliced radishes
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Microwave rice for 5 minutes; transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Add bell peppers, carrots, and red onion; cook 2 minutes.
- Add peas, radishes, fresh lime juice, and seasoned rice vinegar to rice; season with salt and pepper.
- Add to bowl of rice and combine well.
Serve with Rosemary Grilled Steak.