5 Quick Confidence Boosters
Sometimes we all need a little kick in the pants. And sometimes that kick in the pants needs to come from ourselves. No more moping. No more self-degradation.
Every once in a while you need to take a good look in the mirror and shout out a line from Bette Milder’s tune I’m Beautiful Dammit. That’s right, every once in a while take a good look in the mirror and shout out, “I’m beautiful, so beautiful, I’m beautiful dammit!” Shout it out with no shame and no embarrassment, just with sheer joy and pride.
But if you’re just a little too shy for that or you feel completely ridiculous, there are some other subtle ways to give yourself a quick confidence boost on a day when you really need the extra oomph.
- Stand tall and sit straight. Let’s be completely honest for a second. How many of us feel a bit transformed in a nice pair of heels, walking through the office, our hair flowing freely along the ride as we daydream we’re actually walking the catwalk instead of by 8 of our coworkers’ cubicles? I know I do. And I also know that as I walk in those sleek pair of pumps, they make me stand a little taller, a littler straighter and I feel a little better. Good posture gives you a quick perk. No more slumping in the chair!
- Paint your nails. Grab a bold color and give it a go. Every lady feels sexier with a hot pink slapped onto her digits or even a deep, dramatic red. When you tuck your hair behind your ear, text that guy in cubicle 8 you just walked by or type out that memo to the rest of the staff, your primped fingers will be a little reminder to smile.
- Read an educational book. Whether it’s a historical account of WWII or a biography on the beautiful Princess Grace Kelly, expanding your mind is expanding one of your sexiest and most prized parts of your body. Learning something new is an easy way to feel better about yourself from the inside out. The more educated you become, the more confident you’ll become in conversation.
- Sweat a bit. I don’t know about you but even if it’s just walking (okay or breaking out a little jog) a quick mile gives me more energy and makes me feel better about myself and my day. Even if you just grab the Wii controller and do some quick yoga moves with the avatar, exercise is an easy way to give yourself an all day boost.
- Make a to-do list. Sometimes we get overwhelmed and feel scattered, which makes us tired and just feel blah. Well, grab a notepad and create a list of things to do! You’ll feel instantly organized and you’ll have instant goals to work toward for the day.